The gravity-operated filter and fast flow rate mean anyone, anywhere can have clean water in a matter of seconds.
The kit includes everything you need to attach the filter to a water faucet or any plastic bucket or container.Just 4-inches long and less than 8 ounces, the Sawyer Pointone can deliver 1 liter of clean water in 60 seconds.
- To use with water faucet, attached the faucet adapter to the faucet and you’re ready to go! Or to use with a bucket…
- Obtain a clean bucket or plastic container
- Use the drill bit to make a hole 1.5 inches from the bottom of the bucket (you can do this by hand).
- Screw the connector, hose and filter onto the bucket.
- Fill the bucket with water from any source, lower the filter head below the water line, and let gravity do the rest.
This is a POINT OF USE SYSTEM. Since there is such a high flow rate, this eliminates the need to store water which reduces the chances of water being contaminated after it is filtered. The only external force required for the system to function is GRAVITY. The flow rate of a filter is determined by a combination of:
- Head pressure (The distance from the top of the water to the filter)
- Altitude (The higher the altitude, the slower the flow rate)
- How clean the filter is
- The filter itself (there are slight variations between filters)
Maintenance of this filter is very simple. When the filter starts to slow down or clog, simply back wash it with clean water using the syringe provided in the kit. Since the filters can continuously be backwashed and re-used, they have an extremely long life expectancy. The ease of operating this system makes it self-sustainable and dependable.
Sawyer filters and purifiers make water so clean and accessible that people will not only use the filtered/purified water for drinking, but also for cleaning, bathing, cooking, watering plants and more.
Sawyer filters offer a fast, efficient and sustainable solution to clean water in the event of a natural disaster. No electricity, chemicals or technical training is required. Not only will these filters provide immediate relief after the disaster, the filters will still be functioning years and years down the road.